Rock the Drop 2011
Here’s how you can get involved:
* Snag the banner above, created by the uber-talented David Ostow (who blogs hilarious cartoons here), and add it to your website, linking back to this post to share the love, and proclaiming that you will indeed ROCK THE DROP!
* Print a copy of the bookplate below and insert it into a book (or 10!) that you’ll drop on April 14th. Drop a book in a public spot (park bench, bus seat, restaurant counter?) and you’re done. Lucky finders will see that the book is part of ROCK THE DROP!
* Snap a photo of your drop and email readergirlz AT gmail DOT com with the pic — we’ll be posting lots of pictures of drops happening all over the world at the readergirlz blog, and our friends at Figment will also be featuring the event!
Imagine people around the globe finding copies of amazing books in unexpected places, gifted out of love for YA lit. Everyone can participate to raise awareness of the day!
This is brought to you by readergirlz… read more about them at their website… here’s a little bit about them
* readergirlz is about having serious fun while talking about books with the author and your friends!
* readergirlz is about getting the inside scoop about why the novel was written, the tears and joys and real-world angst that the author has lived and layered into her story.
* readergirlz is about reading great books to get to know yourself, your friends, and yes, even your mother, better.
* readergirlz is about celebrating strong girls in books who’ve got the guts to dream.
* readergirlz is about reaching out to others based on what you’ve read.
* And most of all, readergirlz is about inspiring girls to make history of their own!